Manage online orders FAQ section:
- Using the order taking app
- 3 minutes order acceptance time
- Why not accept orders automatically?
- Why an order-taking mobile device
- Why you do not have apps for Windows?
- How can I delete orders or clients?
- How to relaunch a missed or rejected order?
- Can the restaurant modify or edit an order after being placed?
- How to manage the fake orders
- Temporarily closed
- Orders for later
- How to set the system to accept far-ahead orders?
- Can we have predefined order rejection auto-reasons?
- Is there an option to re-order form client’s history?
- What is the alert call?
- Opening hours – how to setup | exceptions | overlap
Using the order taking app
Once the “See MENU & Order” button is published on the restaurant’s website or Facebook page, the food clients will be able to browse through the menu and place orders.
As part of the account setup, we prompt the restaurant account holder to install an app (the order taking app) in order to receive and accept the incoming orders from clients.
Each time an online order is placed, the restaurant is notified in real time. Watch this video that shows the client’s and the restaurant’s experience with online orders:
The order is received in the order taking app and the restaurant account holder should accept it (or reject it) within a 3 minutes interval, otherwise the order status changes to “missed”. Like this:
How to install the order taking app
Set it up from the restaurant’s admin panel >>” Menu setup & receive orders” >> “Receive orders” section. Click on “Next” button and select the type of device (tablet or smartphone) you are using. Android and iOS devices are supported. An email or SMS with the download link will be sent within minutes.
Install the app on multiple devices
The app may be installed on another device, starting from the same section, “Connect to another device link”:
Please note, although the order taking app may be installed on multiple devices, only one can be active, so logging in to the new device will log out the app on all previous devices.
Minimum requirements for the mobile device
- charging while on
- good WiFi signal
- loud speaker
- android v 4.4 or later (with Google Play supported) or iOS 9.0 or later
- decent device quality (meaning not to fall apart after 2 months of usage and get a broken charger socket, displaced screen, etc).
- at least 1gb of RAM memory
Note: Kindle Fire devices don’t have the Google Play marketplace and push services so they will not be suitable.
Generally cheap Android tablets are optimized to save battery causing connectivity problems. It is very important to get top of the line or at least medium priced Android tablets (Samsung Galaxy S-line, Lenovo Yoga line, Huawei M line, Google Pixel C); otherwise get a iOS tablet even if it is 1 or 2 versions older, or an Android phone.
Ensure good app connectivity
Our system checks every few minutes if it still has a connection with the phone / tablet where the order taking app is installed.
In case it is not possible to establish a connection, you cannot receive orders so they might be missed.
To prevent connectivity issues, make sure that the mobile devise has:
- good WiFi or mobile data signal
- no battery saver app installed (for Android devices)
- no task killer installed (for Android devices)
- internet connection (test by accessing www.google.com from your device)
- make sure the order taking app runs in foreground (especially for iOS devices, as iOS does not support background mode)
An auto-rotate feature is not available. While we don’t have a solution for iOS devices, on Android, as a work-around, there are apps that are able to “Set orientation” that may help with the landscape mode.
Turn off the alarm in the order taking app
The alarm cannot be turned off – when it starts ringing, the only way to stop it is to accept or reject the corresponding order. Otherwise it rings for 3 min.
Turn the volume up/down
We normally advise to keep ringtone volume high, especially in a crowded, noisy place. This cannot be changed from the order taking app. This unique sound notification is designed to be heard easily even in a noisy environment, to avoid the unpleasant situations caused by missing orders. Also the notification sound stops automatically as soon as you provide an answer to the order by choosing to accept or reject it.
However, for extra control over the notification volume (e.g. turn it up), connect some external speakers which have volume controller to the order taking device.