Manage online orders FAQ section:
- Using the order taking app
- 3 minutes order acceptance time
- Why not accept orders automatically?
- Why an order-taking mobile device
- Why you do not have apps for Windows?
- How can I delete orders or clients?
- How to relaunch a missed or rejected order?
- Can the restaurant modify or edit an order after being placed?
- How to manage the fake orders
- Temporarily closed
- Orders for later
- How to set the system to accept far-ahead orders?
- Can we have predefined order rejection auto-reasons?
- Is there an option to re-order form client’s history?
- What is the alert call?
- Opening hours – how to setup | exceptions | overlap
for holidays, vacation or some other unexpected reasons
There are several simple ways for a restaurant to become unavailable for online ordering.
Change the opening hours to being all the time closed until the restaurant resumes normal operations. This may be done for pickup, delivery or table reservation.
The system doesn’t allow to select a certain date, it only lists the days of the week for the regular schedule. So use this for short absence (less than a week).
Or just set Pickup on “No”, Delivery on “Inactive” and Table Reservations to “No” in the “Services and opening hours” section, then click on the “Next” button to save the settings. Don’t worry, the delivery zones created already will be available when the service is enabled again.
Optionally you could add a menu category called “Temporarily Closed!” and add one “dish” text with the reason for closing and with 0 price as first thing on the menu. You may also hide or schedule all the other categories to appear after you open again the restaurant.
The food client will see it like this:
If the restaurant use the Sales Optimized Website service ( SOW) from us, such message may also be highlighted using the “Important Announcements” section of the SOW editor.
When normal operations return, delete or hide the “Temporarily Closed!” category and set back normal opening hours and/or activate the pick-up/delivery services.