Setting up the menu FAQ section:
- Choose the cuisine type or add a new cuisine
- Create categories, dishes and choices & addon groups
- More about categories and items
- More about toppings, choices and add-ons
- Half/half pizza
- Hide or schedule dishes or categories
- Change the theme picture
- Setting tips for online payments
- Convenience fee or surcharge
- Multiple tax levels
- Disclaimers for alcohol sales & other special terms
- Inventory or stock settings
- Search bar in the menu
- Cloning / duplicate a menu into another location account
- Can the menu up-sell?
- Adding calories information in the menu
Multiple tax Levels
We do not recommend overcrowding the final check-out screen with extra fees and surcharges as in this step it might confuse the food clients and drive them away. Therefore, we do not support (nor plan to have) such feature.
There are several other ways of including such fee:
- increase the delivery fee
- increase the minimum order value
- activate the online payments and kindly suggest an online tip value (or charge offline and prompt for a tip on the offline payment moment)
- increase the prices in the menu (e.g. on most ordered items) etc.
If it is mandatory that the fee is included separately, there are some other options:
- if the convenience fee is a fixed percentage add it on top of the sales tax and change the sales tax description field into “sales tax x% + convenience fee y%”. Like this:
- All that’s left for you to do is simply go to Menu Editor and choose the proper tax category for each menu item.
- At checkout, the different tax rates for the menu items will be shown separately, like in the example below: