Setting up the menu FAQ section:
- Choose the cuisine type or add a new cuisine
- Create categories, dishes and choices & addon groups
- More about categories and items
- More about toppings, choices and add-ons
- Half/half pizza
- Hide or schedule dishes or categories
- Change the theme picture
- Setting tips for online payments
- Convenience fee or surcharge
- Multiple tax levels
- Disclaimers for alcohol sales & other special terms
- Inventory or stock settings
- Search bar in the menu
- Cloning / duplicate a menu into another location account
- Can the menu up-sell?
- Adding calories information in the menu
More about toppings, choices and add-ons
Order of items in a choice or addon group:
After you create a list of choices in a group, their order may be changed by drag&drop.
Duplicating a choice or addon group:
This might be needed if certain dishes in the menu have different sizes (e.g. small, medium or large pizza). In this case, the corresponding quantities for the addons or their price might be different.
Order of addon groups displayed in the menu:
The order in which the add-ons are shown in the menu is dictated by the order in which you drag them to an item or category. The rule is that on any given item:
- first we show the add-ons specific to the dish size (in the order they were dragged/associated to that particular size)
- then we list the add-ons specific to the dish for all sizes (in the order they were dragged/associated to that particular dish)
- and last, the add-ons applicable to the entire category which includes that dish (in the order they were dragged/associated to that particular category)
Can choices & add-ons be included in promotions?
When using a promotion based on items, please know that the templates are built to consider only categories, dishes or sizes of dishes. It is not possible to have a promotion running only for choices or addons.
It is possible, however, if you have choices or addons associated to items included in a certain promotion, to decide if you extend the rules of the promotion to cover them as well, or you exclude them.