Setting up the menu FAQ section:
- Choose the cuisine type or add a new cuisine
- Create categories, dishes and choices & addon groups
- More about categories and items
- More about toppings, choices and add-ons
- Half/half pizza
- Hide or schedule dishes or categories
- Change the theme picture
- Setting tips for online payments
- Convenience fee or surcharge
- Multiple tax levels
- Disclaimers for alcohol sales & other special terms
- Inventory or stock settings
- Search bar in the menu
- Cloning / duplicate a menu into another location account
- Can the menu up-sell?
- Adding calories information in the menu
Our flexible menu builder allows scenarios such as half/half or custom pizza.
To create half/half pizza, first navigate to the restaurant admin panel, “Menu setup & receive orders” section, and then “Menu setup”.
Create an addon group called: “First half toppings” or some other suggestive name, and add your toppings. Then duplicate the addon group and rename it “Second half toppings”.
At the end, assign the two groups (drag&drop) to categories, dishes or sizes.
Another way to achieve this is to have the first half of the pizza already preset and only let clients choose custom toppings for the second half, like this:
See this also in our demo menu on https://www.pronto-ny.com/.
Another case may be this: use “halves” of pizza items that are also sold as full pizza in the menu (therefore there are descriptions available in the menu).
To set this up, first create a menu dish with the price 0, then create two (or more) choice groups in which you define the halves of the pizza and their respective prices.
See this example with quarters: