Promotions and campaigns FAQ section:
- Connectivity reports and issues handling
- How setting a language works
- Multiple language menus
- Are there reports available? How to export clients and orders?
- Setting up a multi-location restaurant
- Online restaurant booking system (table reservation)
- What is the website scanner from the restaurant administration panel?
- Optimizing the Google Business Listing
- Can I integrate with Zapier?
- Facebook Pixel installation steps
- Google Analytics installation steps
- Google Tag Manager for 3rd party tracking
- How to set up and verify Google My Business listing (GMB)
- How to claim & reclaim a business in Google My Business
How to claim & reclaim a business in Google My Business
How to claim a business in GMB | How to reclaim a business in GMB
How to claim a business in GMB
In order to claim your business, there are 3 options:
1. Sign up/log in to Google My Business. Search for your business and select it. Follow the steps by Google to confirm that you are the owner of your business.
2. Identify your business in Maps and click on “Claim this business”
3. Type in your business’ name in Google Search and click on “Own this business”.
4. Click on “Manage now” in order to be able to claim this business and proceed to the next steps.
Request to receive the postcard from Google with the verification PIN or request verification by phone or e-mail (it all depends on what method of verification your business is eligible for). Verification is completed by receiving this postcard from Google in the mail. It is very rare that Google will allow verification through another method, but there are such cases nonetheless.
Once you verify the business, the restaurant will be listed in search results with all the data you have inserted when claiming the business.
Please note that verification also protects you from anyone who might otherwise pose as a representative of your business.
How to reclaim a business in GMB
If your business has been claimed by someone else and you wish to regain ownership, you’re authorized to manage the listing, you can request ownership from the current listing owner.
To request ownership of a storefront business from the current listing owner:
1. Go to business.google.com/add.
Enter the name and address of your business, then select it from the search results. Click Continue.
2. You’ll see a message indicating that someone else verified the listing. Otherwise, you can claim and verify the listing yourself.
3. Click Request access and fill out the form.
4. Click “Submit”. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.
For more details on potentially controversial situations arising from this, please visit the link: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671