Publishing The Menu FAQ section:
- Publish the menu in a Sales Optimized Website (SOW)
- Setting the Sales Optimized Website (SOW)
- SEO in the Sales Optimized Website
- How to customize the Sales Optimized Website (SOW)
- Publish the menu in a legacy (own) website
- How to customize the “See Menu & Order” button for a legacy website
- Optimize the legacy website for search engines
- Publish the menu in a Facebook page
- Getting listed in the shared mobile app Foodbooking
- Publish the menu in a dedicated branded app
- I cannot see /find a restaurant in Foodbooking app
SEO in the Sales Optimized Website
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a set of techniques that helps a website rank high in relevant search results. There is off-site and on-site SEO.
This means links from other sites linking to a website (for example a link from Facebook, Google local or a someone mentioning the domain name in a forum or post somewhere).
– Good browser tab title
– Good H1 headline and good positioning
– Good H2 sub-headline and good positioning
– Keywords used on the page but not too much
– Super fast page load speed
– Mobile optimized view
– httpS certificate
– Usage of schema.org
– Image compression and correct naming of the alt-tag
– …. and probably a few more dozen factors…
Search engine optimization in SOW:
When switching from an existing own website to our sales optimized website the off-site SEO remains unaffected.
However, we have spent a huge amount of effort making the sales optimized website super search engine optimized. In fact, we have restricted certain customizations in a way so a non-specialist cannot ruin the website’s SEO unwillingly.
This website is built with these goals in mind:
– Online sales
– User experience
If it is more important to create a website with your exact vision, many animations and fancy design elements to boost branding and attract a la carte dining prospects, but not really optimized for online sales, security and heavy duty performance… then building a website from scratch might be a better option.
Changing keywords in SOW
The SOW is a highly effective search and sales optimized website. As everything is automatically generated we don’t have any possibility to give someone access for such purposes.
However, the restaurant may choose their own sub-headline form the site Edit mode >> Staging, like this:
The restaurant should include however some keywords: