Payment methods FAQ section:
- Payment methods available
- Online payments overview
- How online payments really work
- How to connect a merchant account
- Is PayPal supported? How about Square, iDeal or other local payment solutions?
- Fraud with card payment (what to do and how to catch the fraudster)
- Additional security features for online payments
How to connect a merchant account
Can you walk me through the setup steps of connecting a merchant account for online payments?
Stripe is simplest to setup, approval within hours so we will exemplify on this one and others may be similar but a bit less intuitive.
Sign-up with Stripe:
- it is recommended to instruct the restaurant owner or authorized manager to go by themselves to www.stripe.com and sign-up for an account and select go to dashboard like this
- when they try to switch from “test mode” to “live mode” they are required a lot of personal info like this:
Once their account was approved:
- than they go to account settings into the API keys tab and copy for us the live keys :
After this step, come back to our online ordering admin area for restaurant and buy online payments connector service like this:
Afterwards they can connect their merchant account with the online ordering.
The required fields may be different depending on the gateway used.
This dialogue screen appears after the restaurant activates this paid option.
For Stripe is like this:
The availability of this feature depends on supported merchant account providers in each country.
In this respect restaurants can choose the gateway they want from the supported list of popular gateways. We do not “touch” the card details nor the payment operation itself. We merely act on the technical integration between our ordering cart and the 3rd party payment gateway page/system/api/account (whichever the case may be).
Taking client’s money is a sensitive thing so we allow to use many/most popular payment gateways: Stripe, Mercury Authorize.net, Braintree, WorldPay, First Data, Elavon, etc. (others may be added if possible and relevant).
In some countries these payment gateways do not operate yet. We recommend to check their availability in a country on their website before activating this service with us.