Payment methods FAQ section:
- Payment methods available
- Online payments overview
- How online payments really work
- How to connect a merchant account
- Is PayPal supported? How about Square, iDeal or other local payment solutions?
- Fraud with card payment (what to do and how to catch the fraudster)
- Additional security features for online payments
How online payments really work
With our online payment system, the concept of up-front payment phased out. Using pre-auth both restaurant and client interests are optimally fulfilled and re-ordering behavior gets stronger and stronger after each ordering experience.
All the steps below are very rapidly rolled-out but here is step-by-step what goes on and how an online payment happens with our system:
1. the food client comes to order online and he selects the option to pay online (online payment can also be the only option if that’s how the restaurant set it).
2. the food client inserts the card details and places the order.
3. If the order was placed as ASAP (order for NOW):
We authorize the money in the moment the food-client places the order and send the order to the restaurant app for acceptance (max 3 min to answer)
if the order is missed => we tell gateway to abort the transaction within 2 hours => the client’s card was never charged
if the order is rejected => we tell gateway to abort the transaction within 2 hours => the client’s card was never charged
if the order is accepted by the restaurant => we keep the hold on the authorization and we initiate capture with delay operation => transfer set to happen within 20 hours from the fulfillment of the order
If (for any reason) the client is not happy with the food delivery, the restaurant may decide to refund the client and they can easily trigger this from his merchant account interface with no chargebacks fees to pay (void operation) => the client was never charged
4. If the order was placed as an order for LATER:
We capture the money the moment the food-client places the order
If order was accepted, we take no further action
If order was missed or rejected, we initiate a refund within 2 hours after it was rejected or missed
Important: the credit card details are handled in a PCI compliant way by the payment gateway and will not be visible or disclosed in any manner. Even we do not have access to payment details nor “touch” the money transfer whatsoever. What user will see next time is just a bunch of ********2341 – just to recognize and to know that his card account is ready to be reused. Here is where the card tokenization and PCI vaulting kicks in.
The next time the food client orders from the same device, the ordering widget will safely recognize them and can re-order in one click. The client data, including credit card information, will be pre-filled.