Please follow these steps to set up an Epson LAN printer:
- make sure a LAN cable is plugged into printer and router
- power off the printer
- press the Feed button and keep it pressed for 10 seconds
- power up the printer while keeping Feed button pressed
- the printer will print its configuration
- then press again for 3 more seconds
- navigate to the Customize Value Settings by following the instructions printed
- navigate to the Interface Settings
- select Auto mode
- from the Epson utility app on the printer CD:
- make sure that the IP setting is set to DHCP
- follow this link for more detailed instructions: https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378420-How-do-I-set-up-my-Epson-TM-T88V-Printer-to-work-on-a-wireless-network
- use the Find App option to check if the printer was registered to the local network: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing&hl=en. The EPSON printer should be visible in the list in the app.
- If the printer was found, use the restaurant order taking app to detect the printer on LAN.
Additionally, you may install the Epson Utility Android app:
Using this app, try to print a test receipt. If the test works fine, then the printer should be discovered within the restaurant order taking app and should be able to print.
For Epson printers you may also check this tutorial that we made. In the tutorial the Epson printer is a TM – T70II, but the steps are similar for other Epson models as well.