Our system works on the idea that each order has to be accepted in real-time by the restaurant, then other things may happen.We also allow restaurants to get all the orders, right AFTER acceptance, via email for archiving, for printing or for other accountancy reasons – but email is NOT as a way of accepting orders.
So one very reliable printing approach is to make sure that it is possible to print emails coming from us. On any device, network and printer that can print emails, also print order confirmations coming from us, automatically or manually.
Good to know before sending emails for a narrow format thermal printer (e.g we tested for minimal compliance on an Epson TM-T80 III old model): use our “text only email confirmation” notifications option from the advanced settings tab of the restaurant account admin area.
Receiving a copy of the order via email allows several ways of setting up printing, depending on the volume of orders, existing equipments the restaurant already has and available budget for investing into printing.
Send orders via email directly to an eprint/email print compatible printer
- have/buy an “eprint” or “email print” compatible printer (several vendors support this function: HP, EPSON, Canon, Kodak, etc).
Important: do not assimilate “iPrint” feature with “eprint” or “email print”. They are not the same!
- for an easy WiFi printer setup, the best solution is to buy/have a printer with “built-in wifi wizard” set-up. This way anyone can easily connect a printer to a wifi network without needing a computer/notebook (Wifi wizard connectivity is optional though…it is also possible to connect through cable. Just make sure the network allows Internet access in either way).
Printers like this may cost anything between: 120 – 450 usd depending on speed, tonner, extra-features, etc. E.g. https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help
Set an auto-print from PC email rule via MS Outlook
- this options works with ANY printer as long as it is connected to a PC/notebook that’s linked to the internet.
- so you need an existing PC connected to the internet and working well with ANY printer, plus MS Outlook email client installed.
- you can set-up an “auto-printing” job of all accepted order emails using email rules from Outlook or any other email client or tool supporting a similar functionality.
Read more about it here.
In this setup the orders get accepted over an Android tablet and then an email automatically goes to a regular pc connected to a regular printer that acts like an auto-printing server. The printer sits close to the kitchen and spills out printed orders, then the kitchen staff picks-up that paper and starts cooking.
Note: if Outlook is not available, please consider also this simpler setup using this specialized email-to-print software.
Auto-print using the fax
Set an “email to fax” service to send those emails automatically to restaurant’s fax for printing.
This means to sign-up with an email-to-fax service provider and get an email address that looks like: [restaurantfaxnumber]@[emailtofaxproviderdomain].com
In each country there may be great rates for domestic email to fax services, some even for free. (e.g. https://www.hellofax.com/info/pricing ).
It is possible to use the notifications options from the advanced settings tab of the restaurant account admin area to set the fax to receive the confirmed orders via that fax email address obtained from the email-to-fax provider.